Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Full Portion

My family and I have been blessed with so many yummy meals these past 2 weeks. (Minus the 5 days of hospital food.) Definitely more than our fair PORTION. I can't thank everyone enough for those of you who provided those. One of Dustin's favorite verse , which is now mine as well, is Ps. 73:25-26 that says "Whom have I in heaven but you, and besides You, I desire nothing on Earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But, God, is the strength of my heart and my PORTION forever."
I remembered that when I had the privilege to hear Elisabeth Elliot speak, she spoke on this passage. He is just enough for us and for anything we are going through. God will meet us where we are at and be what we need...peace, comfort, strength. I have found that it does give you a new perspective on life, on people, when you almost lose yours. My prayer is that you, my friends and family, don't have to have something major happen to allow God to be your PORTION and to fill you with Him. We can't go wrong when we allow Him to take up the empty places in our lives and let Him fill them.
So my reply is to many dear friends who ask how I'm doing is that the only place to go is up from here. The same applies to allowing God to be our portion. For when the empty places (or the ones that need to be given to God) are filled by Himself, our lives are only going to be a better more fulfilled version of what they are now. A dear friend sent me a card and sweet gift that brought tears to my eyes. One of the best parts of that was a reminder of a quote by Elisabeth Elliot (she is a fan too=) , that says "It is in our acceptance of what is given that God gives Himself."
How I pray that God will give more of Himself to me and those around me as we accept these things we don't understand b/c we live in a fallen, sinful world. The best part is, that we can know and experience more of Him as we walk through it. Thank you to everyone that is praying...I feel a little stronger everyday and just knowing that so many prayers and acts of love are being brought to the table on behalf of me and my family touches my heart and fills it. I believe that this is part of His portion for me as I go through this healing and it makes a huge difference.

1 comment:

  1. I hear your love for God and your family in your words thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete