Monday, May 30, 2011

Freedom and a prayer request.

So, I've never actually watched Braveheart, but even I know that this is the battle cry that the main character calls out as they rush to meet the enemy. It has been difficult not having the freedom I am used to. I get tired when I walk across the house or do just about anything. So, I have been trying to make myself as occupied as possible, while feeling guilty that I can't help Dustin as he tries to work from home, take care of the kids, and keep the house live-able. However, God showed me a verse in Isaiah that talks about liberty and freedom. Since it's Memorial Day, I couldn't think of a more fitting topic. He showed me the verse in the middle of night...for those of you prayer warriors, I would ask that you pray for sleep for me. I think my body is just so confused, it is not cooperating at all and I really need sleep to help with the whole healing process.
So back to that freedom verse that God brought me to...Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Because the Lord has annointed me to bring good news to the afflicted, He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim LIBERTY to captives and FREEDOM to the prisoners." I am not embracing the freedom He died to give us. Guilt, frustration, and captivity is not what He sacrificed everything for me to experience...It is Liberty and Freedom...whatever our circumstances are, we can experience that Freedom and joy. We can take that promise to the bank as God tells us over and over through His Word. A special thanks to all those who have served in our military to give us freedom here! A prayer of thanksgiving to our Savior that died to give us freedom. No matter what "prison" we have allowed ourselves to live in, we can cling to the fact that He wants to break us out of it. So, thanks to everyone who is praying for our family....I will keep you "posted"=)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and I was inspired to start a blog after I read yours. Feel better soon!
    God Bless you and your family,
    Elizabeth Brantingson

    ReplyDelete