Sunday, June 12, 2011

He Knows....

Did you ever have a time when you knew God was trying to speak straight to your heart? It is humbling and amazing at the same time. I listened to a sermon by Andy Stanley this morning and I had one of those times. Last night, I asked God to help me break through this funk of questioning and distrust. I believe He delivered this morning as I heard this passage in Hebrews in such a needed way.

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

So, I find great comfort in the fact that He knows what we're going through. He experienced loss, pain, discomfort, rejection, and even death. He's been there and even though I might be a little mad at some of these things He has allowed to happen, I long to crawl up in HIs lap and let Him comfort me even more. He KNOWS how I feel, He hurts because His child does, and He wants me to "Be still and Know" that He knows. He can empathize with you and me, and if we go to His throne, we are sure to find that mercy and grace He promises us "in our time of need."

No comments:

Post a Comment